PDA

View Full Version : [other] My network adapter is not working on winXP

barclay
May 6th, 2008, 04:19 AM
I was on WindowsME with network adapter Realtek rtl-8139d. After I upgrated to WIndowsXP my adapter doestn't show up n I can't connect to the internet. I tried installing it with updates from various sites but it is not good. I did not uninstall the previous old driver but installed the new one on top of it.

Then I switched back to windowsME and the network adapter is working fine. I want to run on windownsXp Can you pls tell me what could be the problem.

overdrank
May 6th, 2008, 04:36 AM
I was on WindowsME with network adapter Realtek rtl-8139d. After I upgrated to WIndowsXP my adapter doestn't show up n I can't connect to the internet. I tried installing it with updates from various sites but it is not good. I did not uninstall the previous old driver but installed the new one on top of it.

Then I switched back to windowsME and the network adapter is working fine. I want to run on windownsXp Can you pls tell me what could be the problem.

HI and I hope you realize this is the Ubuntu forums and not windows. With that being said I would start with the manufactures website as they may have a patch for XP and the nic card.

barclay
May 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM
ok thanks:lolflag:

bobnutfield
May 8th, 2008, 07:16 PM
The drivers you need are located here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Langid=1&Level=5&PFid=6&PNid=6

Also, uninstall the ME driver before installing the XP driver.

Bob