PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] window borders disappeared

mikiek
May 5th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Hi,

I have a big problem with Xubuntu 8.04. I upgraded from 7.10 immediately after 8.04 was released. Suddenly (2008-05-02) window borders (plus window title) disappeared. In that moment I tried to return from virtual machine in VMPlayer by pressing "Ctrl+Alt+R". When I wanted to try something with "Settings->Settings Manager->Window Manager I received message: "these settings cannot work with your current window manager (unknown)" Lower toolbar has no signs of opened windows, nor icons for workplaces. Upper toolbar is bellow opened window. I have set "I allow XFCE to manage my desktop". Strange behaviour. Now I cannot move/resize/max/min windows.

Please help,
Best regards,
Milos

linux phreak
May 6th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Type, xfwm4 --replace after pressing alt+f2.It brings up the run dialog box.

mikiek
May 6th, 2008, 07:36 AM
great..now it works..really thanks
Milos

th_agorastos
December 28th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Indeed it works fine! The thing that bothers me is that in my Xubuntu 9.10, my default user account does not render either of the taskbars on top and on the bottom of the screen no matter what I did (restart PC). I even tried creating a new user account just to be sure that there is no part of the user-specific configuration and guess what! For the new user, the task bars were rendered correctly, but I couldn't see any windows title bars and buttons!

It seems that some services did not run successfully. Any ideas about this?

denham2010
March 20th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Indeed it works fine! The thing that bothers me is that in my Xubuntu 9.10, my default user account does not render either of the taskbars on top and on the bottom of the screen no matter what I did (restart PC). I even tried creating a new user account just to be sure that there is no part of the user-specific configuration and guess what! For the new user, the task bars were rendered correctly, but I couldn't see any windows title bars and buttons!

It seems that some services did not run successfully. Any ideas about this?

You need to re-start your panels:

In a terminal , or ALT + F2 enter:

xfce4-panel &

rana_mum
January 28th, 2011, 04:42 AM
xfwm4 sure worked!!!:P:P

however, one more help pls...
my mouse pointer chooses any one icon on the screen and sticks to it...this triggers random opening of many windows of one type....

help...please:(