PDA

View Full Version : I thought you might find this funny...

zaussome
May 5th, 2008, 10:31 PM
z

skymera
May 5th, 2008, 10:44 PM
HA!

Hacking? I couldn't hack even if i tried.

What a n00b :lol:

zmjjmz
May 5th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I really recommend you find another provider.

Tatty
May 5th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Out of curiosity what happened after that?

I hope you asked to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about.

smoker
May 5th, 2008, 11:38 PM
obviously you got the dunce of the day!

email him this from their support page:
http://www.bell.ca/support/PrsCSrvGnl_FAQ_Detail.page?FAQ_ID=729

While the Sympatico High Speed Internet service provides Access Manager client software for Linux users, it is not supported.

so they don't support linux, who cares, few do, but access is perfectly ok.

kk0sse54
May 5th, 2008, 11:43 PM
:lolflag:

Biochem
May 5th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Since your using Sympatico I'm guessing you're in Canada. If that's the case I strongly suggest you have a look at oricom.ca.

I had connection problem last month and when I told them I was using linux the only thing that changed in their attitude was they directly ask the question instead of giving me a list of windows instructions.

Also, their call center is actually located in Canada.

Beside they are cheaper

P.S. I have no financial interest in the mentioned compagny. I'm just a satisfied customer.

SuperSon!c
May 5th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I'm using Sympatico, something which I regret greatly. I was experiencing an outage in my Internet today and called tech support. A small bit of the discussion is here:

Him: Are you using Windows XP or Vista?
Me: I’m actually using the Ubuntu Linux distribution.
Him: Linux* That’s a hacker tool! That’s why your Internet is not working. Our systems block out Linux* because it’s used in hacking. Please remove it from your computer or we will be forced to terminate your service.

* pronounced "Lin-ooks"

The actual "punchline" is somewhat paraphrased, the person was quite irate and hard to understand in addition to having a very thick accent.

lol, jesus. most "technical help" are complete knobs.

mmb1
May 5th, 2008, 11:59 PM
"Lin-ooks" haha.

FuturePilot
May 6th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Haha, I was ROFL at that. :lolflag::lolflag:

zaussome
May 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM
z

smoker
May 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I actually had spoken with one person before, but couldn't understand them at all because they spoke very quietly and with a very thick accent. I asked to speak with somebody else and they sent to me this person. I said "Oh, wow! I'll be sure to sort that out. Sorry for the inconvenience" and then hung up.

I bet that I'll lose my service within a week, too.

who wants service like that? change your ISP for someone better:confused:

Tundro Walker
May 7th, 2008, 05:07 AM
You d**n kids with your "Lin-ooks" and your "internet" and your "Rock and Roll" music!

Get a hair cut, ya hippy!

~~~

I can imagine the call flow sheet for the tech support operator ...

If customer responds "Windows" do ... xyz
If customer responds "Apple" do ... abc
If customer responds "Linux" ... berate them, and generally discourage them from being a customer with us, even though it probably costs us tons of money just to bring in customers in the first place.

Let me guess, the next thing he asked was what web-browser you were using ... Internet Explorer or Safari, to which you said "Firefox", and the service rep just went through the roof on your from that point on.

Seriously, joking aside, if any service rep starts berating you on the phone, you simply tell them to stop speaking for a moment (and do so politely), and ask for their supervisor. If they continue to be a jerk, hang up, call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. Report the rep for being a jerk, and work something out with the supervisor. If they're too stupid to service Linux, then there's your red flag to move on to the next business.

Ioky
May 7th, 2008, 06:43 AM
That is the funniest thing I hear in this week. Dude Linux is not a Tool? Hacker? OMG, I wish I know how to Hacker. Many. Come on people. people! go found out what kind of world you really live in. (For those who never look out the window.)