PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.04 gnome-power-manager not changing cpufreq

vicidial
May 5th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Okay the system is my laptop. I upgraded from 7.10 to 8.04. When I was using 7.10 I set in the gconf-editor under apps -> gnome-power-manager -> cpufreq to have policy_battery on powersave. I basically want it so that when I unplug the laptop it drops the cpu frequency down to the lowest value to make my battery last longer. This was working fine till I upgraded policy_battery is still set to powersave but it is not going into powersave mode when unplugged.

istblacken
August 9th, 2008, 05:21 PM
i have the same problem changing the ac or battery policy with gconf editor doesn't have any effect. it was working fine in 7.04 and i know at it should effect immidiately. i am gonna report this as bug. is anyone with the same problem?

mcduck
August 9th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I just checked and it's definitely working correctly on my laptop (changing the governor between "ondemand" on AC power and "conservative" on battery power).

Just to make sure, you should probably reboot. If you haven't already done that, of course. And if it still doesn't work reporting a bug is the way to go.. :)