PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Point release? 8.04.1

Luke has no name
May 5th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not sure:

Ubuntu puts out an official, new release a few months after LTS called "point releases" that address problems found in the first months of the LTS being out. This is what becomes the LTS release.

Oldsoldier2003
May 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not sure:

Ubuntu puts out an official, new release a few months after LTS called "point releases" that address problems found in the first months of the LTS being out. This is what becomes the LTS release.
8.04 is the LTS. think of 8.04.1 as Hardy SP1

forestpixie
May 5th, 2008, 09:23 AM

Oh god - I don't have to get a completely new OS do I, just to fix a few bugs ;)

Luke has no name
May 5th, 2008, 09:31 AM

Gotcha... I'm sure they'll have changelogs for all of that? And my point is, does Ubuntu.com have 8.04 on their site, or will they being hosting 8.04.1 only once it's made available?

EDIT:

LOL, no I think it is just a seamless upgrade for those already using Hardy. They probably just package up all the updated packages and make a new installer.

That's what I mean, will they make a new default installer?

Rocket2DMn
May 5th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Oh god - I don't have to get a completely new OS do I, just to fix a few bugs ;)

LOL, no I think it is just a seamless upgrade for those already using Hardy. They probably just package up all the updated packages and make a new installer.

forestpixie
May 5th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Luckily I had a seamless upgrade to the beta. Just brought back memories of XPSP1 uggh