PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Radeon x1650 AGP drivers instlalling?

cookier
May 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Hello.I d like you to know tha i m new to linux. Let me go directly to my problem. I have P4 3.0 Ghz with Radeon x1650 agp 512mb graphics card, could someone give me a complete manual on how to install the correct drivers for it? At the moment i think i have MESA drivers or something like that.. i tried envyNG but when i reboot i have black screen. :( I would really appreciate if someone could give me a solution to my problem... i ve been trying to fix it for 2 days :(

I have Ubuntu 8.04.

Thanks in advance.

macaholic
May 4th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Well to check if the driver is in use go to System > Administration > Hardware Drivers, and if it is enabled you should see enabled checked and a checkmark that says "In use" if it is not enabled, enable it. Restart, and report back with results.

cookier
May 4th, 2008, 08:51 PM
When i enable it i get black screen after reboot. I also cant use any of visual effects. When i place the dot to normal i get white screen.

macaholic
May 4th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I'm guessing that this is an Xorg.conf issue, and must be resolved within that. I'm afraid I don't have to help you troulbe shoot this issue with you at the moment, but hopefully someone else can help you right now.
EDIT:Try disabling compiz to see if that makes a difference.

cookier
May 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM
so could anyone help me?? i m really desperate....
Once again when i use the drivers after Ubuntu loading bar i get black screen,it doesn t take me to login screen. I ve tried many ways to fix that but nothing worked...