PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anywhere on the internet you can get free stuff, like shipit?

earobinson
October 18th, 2005, 04:47 AM
So I was telling a guy at work today about ship-it (https://shipit.ubuntu.com/) and the responce I got was "no way", or something along those lines, but ya it is really amazing that not only do they make ubuntu for free but they will take the cost of making and shiping cds upon them selves to spread it.

So just woundering anyone know anywhere else that will do this, or something like this? cuz I dont and so I take my fedora off to the ubuntu team (x fedora user)

Goober
October 18th, 2005, 05:11 AM
I've yet to hear anything like Shipit, and, I admit, I am still a bit skeptical. I mean, I have had it brainwashed into me that nothing is free in this world, and you must pay for everything, even if its a hidden cost, but here is Shipit undoing all that . . .

No, Shipit is the only service like that that I know of. Now, it kinda might have a hidden cost. I mean, I ordered 20 CDs, one set for me, and 19 to distribute, its kinda like advertising for Ubuntu, and, if, just if, Ubuntu goes proprietor, then, well, its like fairly cheap advertising, no? I really hope this is not the case, but its free, so I'm taking full advantage of it. Mark, don't go to the dark side! Free is good! lol . . .