PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MTP + Creative Vision M + Auto mount

_godbout_
May 4th, 2008, 07:21 PM
It was a time, running under Gibbon, where my Vision M was auto mounted when I plugged it. I was able to use it under Amarok, but also to copy files directly from Nautilus. Now, I can still use Amarok, but the mp3 player is not mounted anymore, and I cannot copy the files directly. I've got some troubles with Amarok for some wav files, I'd like to avoid using Windows. Is there a way to get my player back in Nautilus?

I've got libmtp, mtpfs, mtp-tools installed. I can mtp-detect or others, but don't know how to make it auto mount when I connect the player, or at least to see an icon somewhere where I can click to mount it.

Any idea?

Thanks,

_godbout_
May 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Up?

pixelstuff
May 17th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Many have the same problem, me too. I cannot load documents on my player because Amarok, which still handles it, will say the device cannot play them...I hope this gets resolved soon!

_godbout_
May 19th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I don't expect it to work like this through Amarok, but I clearly remember that before I was able to handle the player like a HD under Ubuntu and one day, it disappeared!

firefeather
August 8th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I read here (http://linuxtechie.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/ubuntu-804-hardy-heron-brings-better-mtp-support/) you have to be in the fuse user group, but I still haven't gotten it to work myself. Would be really nice...