PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Codeigniter framework not working after Hardy Heron upgrade

steve.klebanoff
May 4th, 2008, 07:02 PM
So I upgraded from Gutsy Gibbon to the Heron.
The upgrade was extremely easy, the update manager worked flawlessly.

I've noticed all around speed improvements and firefox 3 is super fast.

There's one snag though. I developed a site using the php CodeIgniter framework. After the upgrade, the site doesn't work locally any more. When I try to go to the directory on my http://localhost server it is completely blank, and when I view the source there is abosolutely nothing. All other files and sites work locally, and I put a test PHP file in the directory and when I access that directly it loads.

Anyone know what could have this happen? I don't see any errors in the apache log and theres no codeignither log. The only thing that looks kinda weird in the apache log is:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/mysqli.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/mysqli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[Sun May 04 07:47:53 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5 with Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations

Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks. Ubuntu rules.

steve.klebanoff
May 4th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I think this could definitely be related to that mysql warning.
When I try to load phpmyadmin I get:

phpMyAdmin - Error

Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation