PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.04 just freeze

luka78
May 4th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Hi...

It is the same problems like i have with 7.10. Because of it, I used 7.04 were i didn't have this problem. And now, just like in 7.10, on 8.04 after a few minute of work (nothing hard, regular work), computer just freeze and only mouse pointers is ok (active). Everything else get freeze. I try everything and only help is to restart computer on button.

Does anyone else have this similar problem? How to solve it?

Thank you

overdrank
May 4th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Hi...

It is the same problems like i have with 7.10. Because of it, I used 7.04 were i didn't have this problem. And now, just like in 7.10, on 8.04 after a few minute of work (nothing hard, regular work), computer just freeze and only mouse pointers is ok (active). Everything else get freeze. I try everything and only help is to restart computer on button.

Does anyone else have this similar problem? How to solve it?

Thank you

HI and could you tell us some specs on your system? Also do you use wireless as this can also cause issues and compiz and your graphics card may cause issues also.

luka78
May 4th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Ok this is my configuration:

Duron 1200
256 MB RAM
ATI 7000 Radeon
Wireless (i do have it)
40 GB HD Seagate
CD RW Teac

It is clean installation, without any added software. Everything is on default setup. Once, i didn't do anything and it's just freeze. Mostly it happened when i start to do something, to surf or start some programs and similar...
Btw, on 7.04, SWAP is always OFF so when i turn computer on, first i have to go to Gparted and make it ON. I don't have Gparted on 8.04 because it said that it can't be installed on i386 from Add/remove programs (my hardware is not supported). And if i try to find some else similar software to install, it freeze.

overdrank
May 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Ok this is my configuration:

Duron 1200
256 MB RAM
ATI 7000 Radeon
Wireless (i do have it)
40 GB HD Seagate
CD RW Teac

It is clean installation, without any added software. Everything is on default setup. Once, i didn't do anything and it's just freeze. Mostly it happened when i start to do something, to surf or start some programs and similar...
Btw, on 7.04, SWAP is always OFF so when i turn computer on, first i have to go to Gparted and make it ON. I don't have Gparted on 8.04 because it said that it can't be installed on i386 from Add/remove programs (my hardware is not supported). And if i try to find some else similar software to install, it freeze.
Hi and then the low memory along with the ati drivers would be the issue. You may look here for the swap issue
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwapFaq