PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox 3.0b5

riutaro
May 4th, 2008, 09:32 AM
According to those who move and shake Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com/news/ubuntu-8.04-lts-desktop);

[Ubuntu 8.04 LTS] includes the latest, stable version of many core products, and in that spirit is the first distribution to bring Mozilla Firefox 3 (Beta 5) to millions of users. The combination of Linux and Firefox make Ubuntu 8.04 LTS a superb web desktop, with fast browsing and greatly reduced exposure to viruses, web forgery and spyware.

Even if the day will come when I am to appreciate all the merits of the latest implementation, I should like to let it be known to fellow Ubuntu users that many useful extensions do not function on FF 3.0. Among them are: abcTajpu, MR Tech Local Install, Mouse Gestures, Tab Mix Plus.

I would have liked it if the OS updater could have checked FF extensions compatibility before it proceeds to install 3.0. I am anxious to know if there is an alternative for waiting anxiously for all my extensions to catch up with Mozilla?

bobnutfield
May 4th, 2008, 09:44 AM
I did not like the instability of FF3b5, so I installed FF2 alongside and it works fine. If your extentions worked under FF2, you can install that until FF3 is released.

Bob

riutaro
May 4th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Hello Bob,

How can I install FF2 side by side with FF3b5?

sub_par11
May 4th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hello Bob,

How can I install FF2 side by side with FF3b5?
Goto to add/remove and search for firefox