PDA

View Full Version : Default install location of Glassfish?

mpiskorz
May 4th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Good day,

I'm trying to get netbeans and glassfish working together on 8.04. I can get netbeans up and running and glassfish is working (I'm able to bring up the admin pages as well as the confirmation page that its running.) I'm trying to add glassfish to the server section of netbeans so that I can control the server from within netbeas.

My question: does anyone know where apt-get installs glassfish by default? Netbeans is asking me to point it to the install location and I'm just not seeing it.

I am new to this, so I'm still trying to get my hands around the file system layout (I'm coming from windows).

LaRoza
May 4th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Good day,

I'm trying to get netbeans and glassfish working together on 8.04. I can get netbeans up and running and glassfish is working (I'm able to bring up the admin pages as well as the confirmation page that its running.) I'm trying to add glassfish to the server section of netbeans so that I can control the server from within netbeas.

My question: does anyone know where apt-get installs glassfish by default? Netbeans is asking me to point it to the install location and I'm just not seeing it.

I am new to this, so I'm still trying to get my hands around the file system layout (I'm coming from windows).

which glassfish

mpiskorz
May 4th, 2008, 04:40 AM
glassfishv2

LaRoza
May 4th, 2008, 04:48 AM
glassfishv2

Type the command I gave into the terminal for the location of glassfish

mpiskorz
May 4th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Ok, Sorry about the last reply.

So I did that, but nothing came back. I've learned something though. I'm pretty sure the location is /home/username/glassfishv2. It looks like it clears out that folder after a reboot. Also, I guess glassfish does not automatically restart after a reboot. So, I restarted glassfish via asadmin start-domain and now the glassfishv2 folder has a domain1 subfolder.

I'm still having issues with getting netbeans to work with glassfish, but I've figured out my question to the default location.

Thanks for your help on this!

khughitt
June 10th, 2008, 03:25 PM
The default document root is /var/lib/glassfishv2/domains/domain1/docroot. Try opening http://localhost:8080 to verify the install.

dtmilano
June 10th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Try:

$ dpkg -L glassfishv2

bezgoan
June 2nd, 2011, 10:24 PM
What is the installation location of Glassfish / Jboss in Ubuntu 11.04 ?

Thanks
Shashank.