PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem installing 8.04 - Buzybox

Zaare
May 4th, 2008, 03:32 AM
When I try to install Ubuntu by booting my computer from a CD, I get thrown into Busybox. This happens right after the "Ubuntu Kernel is loading" message (or some message similar to that), I get thrown to Busybox. As I've understood, Busybox is a slimmed down Unix shell, and this should only happen if the process encounters a serious error. I don't quite understand what though, seeing as Ubuntu 7.10 installs without a problem.

Danish989
May 4th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Having the same exact problem, with no solution yet :(

Stray_Wulfe
May 6th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I also seem to be having the same problem, I tried searching it, but there's too many issues close too what I experience when I try to start Ubuntu.

I recently installed it on my very old Compaq presario desktop, I have Windows xp home with sp2.
Apparently i installed it correctly but every time i get past the ubuntu loading screen It goes blank then the Busybox pops up. But before I try to boot up ubuntu I get a choice to either start Windows or ubuntu so I think i somehow dual installed it when all i wanted to do was to get rid of widows.

P.s. pardon, I am of course complete Nub Cake but i'm trying to learn.

prshah
May 6th, 2008, 09:55 PM
When I try to install Ubuntu by booting my computer from a CD, I get thrown into Busybox.

Having the same exact problem, with no solution yet :(

I recently installed it on my very old Compaq presario desktop, I have Windows xp home with sp2.

I had the same problem, see my thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=703228&highlight=samsung) and screenshot to compare with your problems...

The only solution I found, (if you have the same problem) was to temporarily replace the TSSTCorp/Samsung CD drive, install, and then put back the TSSTCorp/Samsung CD drive. (It will make sense after you have read the thread...)

Stray_Wulfe
May 8th, 2008, 08:35 PM
There is only one problem, I don't have a samsung HDD, And when the BusyBox loads I don't get any messages just the intramfs command line or whatever it is.

Edit: It's not that old of a compaq, It has a pentium 4, It has Directx10, an Nvidia Geforc 5500 I think. it's been a lone time since I have had to list everything, also maybe the problem has something to do with the fact I don't have internet?

mdmcginn
May 11th, 2008, 12:07 AM
There's more related discussion at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765195