PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] Change modifier key

Sutur
May 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
How do I change the modifier (move/scale) key from Alt, to Super?

Sutur
May 4th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Bump.

mali2297
May 4th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Open the settings manager. For changing the modifier key used with the mouse, go to Window Manager Tweaks -> Accessibility. For changing other key bindings that relates to window management, go to Window Manager -> Keyboard and add a new theme.

Sutur
May 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Open the settings manager. For changing the modifier key used with the mouse, go to Window Manager Tweaks -> Accessibility.

Thanks Martin, but I can't get there because compiz is managing tweaks.

mali2297
May 4th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks Martin, but I can't get there because compiz is managing tweaks.

Then you have to look in the configurations for Compiz. Install compizconfig-settings-manager, if you haven't got it already.

I can't help you any further.

TheMemphisExperience
May 5th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I'm sure the problem has been resolved, but in order to not leave this thread in cliffhanger mode...

in compiz config settings manager, hit the move window under the uncategorized section. It should be at the bottom.

The first item should be initiate window move. Change alt + button 1 to super + button 1. Party. HARD.

Sutur
May 5th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I'm sure the problem has been resolved, but in order to not leave this thread in cliffhanger mode...

in compiz config settings manager, hit the move window under the uncategorized section. It should be at the bottom.

The first item should be initiate window move. Change alt + button 1 to super + button 1. Party. HARD.

I don't think compiz is actually what's managing it all. I think it's metacity. Alt+Right-Click brings up the metacity window menu (Minimize, Maximise, Always on Top, Close etc).

TheMemphisExperience
May 5th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Are you using compiz-fusion?

If you are using Compiz-Fusion, then compiz is handling window behavior.

Alt+F2 should open a run application(this is true in GNOME, maybe not in XFCE). If it does not, open a terminal and input :

ccsm

Regardless of whether you input the command into a terminal or the run application, this should open Compiz-Config Setting Manager. That is where you will find your white whale.

If you are the lone Ubuntu user not running Compiz-Fusion, I can't help you with an XFCE problem. But from the previous posts it sounds like you do have Compiz-Fusion. So...if you don't have Compiz...get it through the Synaptic Package Manager and join us.

Sutur
May 5th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Ah, I found Resize plugin in compiz. Bindings are in there.

Thanking you all, marking solved.