PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Toshiba A100-TA9

saketh321
May 3rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
HI,
I am using a Toshiba A100-TA9 and i recently decided to install linux. I am having problem with my sound. It is loud and everything but when i go into right click on the sound icon and mute it, it doesn't work. It still keeps on playing at normal volume. I have to manually reduce the sound using the knob on the front. If i double-click on the volume control and open it, it has 4 things on it: Volume, Microphone, Cd and ingain. No matter what i do the volume doesn't reduce. I can't even get my microphone to work. I tried going into Sound and video --> Sound Recorder and it gives me an error message saying "Your audio capture settings are invalid. Please correct them in the Multimedia settings."

But when i click on file and then change device it gives me the option to select 4 devices.
1) Realtek ALC861 (OSS mixer)
2) Playback ALSA PCM on front :O (ALC 861 on analog) Via Dma (Pulse Audio Mixer)
3) Capture monitor source of ALSA PCM on front :O (ALC 861 on analog) Via Dma (Pulse Audio Mixer)
4) Capture: ALSA PCM on front :O (ALC 861 on analog) Via Dma (Pulse Audio Mixer)

I changed the option to playback ALSA PCM on front (2nd option) and i am able to control the master volume but i still cannot get the microphone to work.

My 2nd question is if there is a program such Toshiba power saver for windows for linux which can regulate my Computer to save power if i set it to low power usage or something. I tried powertop but i quite couldn't get what to do with it.

Thx for any help.

saketh321
May 6th, 2008, 05:38 AM
anyone?