View Full Version : [ubuntu] Amarok music collection problem

May 3rd, 2008, 07:49 PM
When update my music collection Amarok ( / Hardy) it does include all my files. There's a lot of albums missing as well as albums with missing songs. Totally weird.

I've tried the following:
- rescanning the collection
- updating the collection
- deleting the database file (collection.db in .kde/....apps/amarok)
- deleting the entire amarok profile directory (.kde/....apps/amarok)

Nothing works, every the collection is update or recreated there are files missing that I know exists on the hardrive. I haven't found any pattern (happens with both ogg/mp3), and it's not always the same files missing. It's not a permission problem either, I can drag the missing files into amarok and play them.

November 16th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Did you get a resolution to this? I have the same issue.

December 14th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Same problem here but with amarok 2.0. When i launched it in konsole it showed some tagLib problems but i have no idea how to solve it :/

December 25th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Amarok2 is doing all kinds of crazy things with my collection. Albums are missing, individual songs are missing from albums, some properly tagged stuff comes up as file names/unkown artist, and some of the tagging displays wrong (I noticed this the other day when now playing read "All My
Niggas & Bitches" by Silverchair hehe).
Can only assume it'll just be ironed out in time ... In the meantime I can manually add the missing albums or songs by going to the file directory, finding the missing item, right-clicking and selecting move to colleciton.