PDA

View Full Version : simple 3 questions

robertchahine
May 3rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
i have 3 simple questions:

1-where is the backyard page, i can't find it on the forums?
2-when the ubuntu 8.10 will be released? (hardy works for me like a charm)
3-when the firefox 3 full will be released?

and thank you :)

bobbocanfly
May 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
i have 3 simple questions:

1-where is the backyard page, i can't find it on the forums?
2-when the ubuntu 8.10 will be released? (hardy works for me like a charm)
3-when the firefox 3 full will be released?

and thank you :)

1 - Its been renamed to Omg Pink Ponies or something like that. Its in the same menu as the backyard was
2 - 8.10 is scheduled to be released in October (2008.10)
3 - Not sure, better check the mozilla site.

robertchahine
May 3rd, 2008, 03:59 PM
thanks man. i read that mozilla full release will be in june!

robertchahine
May 23rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
i have 3 more questions:
1-how someone become moderator on the ubuntuforums?
2-are the moderators on the forums also developpers in the ubuntu operating system?
3-will the ubuntu 8.10 looks different then the 8.04 and 7.1?(hope that)

LaRoza
May 23rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
i have 3 more questions:
2-are the moderators on the forums also developpers in the ubuntu operating system?

0. http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

Staff are chosen by the site administrators. Users who have demonstrated a consistent attitude of friendliness and kindness and who have shown a pattern of helpfulness in their posts may be contacted and invited to serve in an even more official manner. Recommendations can be made by current staff in the staff forums or other users by private message. All recommendations are considered. Due to time constraints and privacy issues the administrators are unlikely to comment publicly on these recommendations.

1. No. Some do contribute to development in various ways, but we are all just community members. Many of us don't use Ubuntu primarily...

2. I think it will have a new default theme, but as always, you can change it so it doesn't matter what it looks like by default.

forrestcupp
May 23rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
i have 3 more questions:

1. Be a servant and very helpful without being obnoxious and hope they notice and ask you.

2. No, the devs don't have time to look after the forums that much. They're too busy developing with a new release every 6 months.

3. Probably not much different.

LaRoza
May 23rd, 2008, 06:41 PM
1. Be a servant and very helpful without being obnoxious and hope they notice and ask you.

It is a surprise when one is asked. The people who are asked are usually normally busy on the forum.

There is another rule, those that ask or show they want to be staff usually are put on the "other list" ;)

robertchahine
May 23rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
thanks guys ver much on your answers

robertchahine
May 23rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
and there's one final question:
can someone do a fresh install with an alternate CD?
especially that the alternate cd download is fast via torrent

(because i search for that on google and the results are that alternate cd is for upgrading)

original_jamingrit
May 23rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
Yes, you can do a fresh install from the alternate disc. You will not get the nice LiveCD enviroment, but you can install.

robertchahine
May 23rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
glad to hear that