PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do i set the horizontal sync rate for hardy?

khr
May 3rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
When i play 3D games there blinks really thick black lines all around the my screen. The thick black lines blink in a random places and they're always horizontal. I was thinking that i have to set my correct horizontal sync rate to fix it... But i don't know how to do that in Hardy! So how do i set the horizontal sync rate in hardy?

Please help!

artir
May 3rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
If yo have a nvidia, try sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings

khr
May 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
If yo have a nvidia, try sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings

Im not using Nvidia, im using ATi.
ATi Mobility Radeon x1600

Edit:
I have ATi Catalyst control center Linux edition, but it gives me no option to change the horizontal sync rate...
Edit2:
I've also tried sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg but it only asks for language and keyboard language and stuff that has nothing to do with my screen.

khr
May 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Anyone?

Cap'n Redbeard
May 3rd, 2008, 12:20 PM
sudo displayconfig-gtk

runs a little display configuration app. in Hardy which offers lots more settings than the system/preferences/screen resolution preferences panel.

Please be careful with settings though - wrong sync rate, resolution, driver selection etc. could damage your telly.

:)

khr
May 3rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
runs a little display configuration app. in Hardy which offers lots more settings than the system/preferences/screen resolution preferences panel.

Please be careful with settings though - wrong sync rate, resolution, driver selection etc. could damage your telly.

:)

sudo displayconfig-gtk Opens a window where i can change the screen model, i chose "LCD 1280 x 800 Wide screen" and restarted...
When i started up ubuntu everything was just fine but the 3D games still are the same.

Anyways, thanks.

If you have any other ideas on how to get it to work, please help!

PS: I'm not sure if its a wrong horizontal sync rate(If it even is wrong) thats causing the thick blinking lines...

khr
May 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Bump...
I really wanna play beautiful games without melting my eyes!

Please help!

sailor2001
May 3rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
go to: /usr/share/applications/screen&graffics