PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Why do I have to Renter Network PW at Every Start Up For Internet?

DocEsq
May 3rd, 2008, 04:47 AM
I have the latest ubuntu, Hardy Heron running and have been able to get my Trendnet TEW-424UB wireless adapter to work (had a lot of problems in Feisty fawn which kept me from using ubuntu).

Anyway, whenever I reboot I am unable to connect to the internet on wireless. My Windows driver for Trendnet adapter, RTL8187B, is listed as loaded and the hardware is present. When I go into Network, the network I use is listed. On a hunch I decided to retype in the password and after saving it ubuntu then goes through the reconfiguration and when it is finished I am able to go on the internet.

I am not sure why this is happening except maybe the password is getting corrupted or ubuntu is unable to hold onto the password on a reboot or fresh start.

Needless to say this is a bit annoying as it takes a few minutes until I can get it working. By the way, I am using WPA to log onto the network if that is any help.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Doc