PDA

View Full Version : Power of Gimp

Ioky
May 2nd, 2008, 11:10 PM
I was thinking to do some Digital painting the other Day with Gimp, and it seem like it get everything I really need.

Here is the image I did base on my original drawing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/xipho/HH.png

Gimp is great

chris4585
May 2nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
very nice, how long did it take you to learn gimp to do that?

intimatewipe
May 2nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
very impressive,well conceived and original,nice painting Ioky

Daveski
May 2nd, 2008, 11:42 PM
Nice. It is good to see some original art producted with the GIMP which looks painted.

frup
May 2nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
I've been drawing faces recently. I can draw them almost perfectly on paper but I haven't managed to get them good enough on gimp yet. I have a tablet somewhere but I found the linux drivers (or the tablet itself) when I last tried it were not sensitive enough. I guess I should pull it out (it's been well over a year) and give it a go again.

I really like your leaves and the rose on the left hand side. The white on the rose of the right hand side seems to be a bit over powering for me though. Is that red fruit like thing a heart?

Ioky
May 3rd, 2008, 12:06 AM
very nice, how long did it take you to learn gimp to do that?

almost no time, I just use some normal tools and the blur filter, Printbush, airbush, and Fuzzy, along with other select tools. They are pretty strength forward, and you don't even really need a tablet to do it, I just use the mouse to do this. (it would be much easier if you have a tablet and actually make it work, haha) I personal thing Gimp really can do a lot of cool stuff, but I don't know how good it will give you the control once you get into super Advance, which I am far to the point. So

Ioky
May 3rd, 2008, 12:09 AM
I've been drawing faces recently. I can draw them almost perfectly on paper but I haven't managed to get them good enough on gimp yet. I have a tablet somewhere but I found the linux drivers (or the tablet itself) when I last tried it were not sensitive enough. I guess I should pull it out (it's been well over a year) and give it a go again.

I really like your leaves and the rose on the left hand side. The white on the rose of the right hand side seems to be a bit over powering for me though. Is that red fruit like thing a heart?

yeah, it is a heart, I am still working on the painting, it is not 100%, but sense I run out of time, and I just need to give a sample of my work, I leave as it is.

gameryoshi600
May 3rd, 2008, 03:35 AM
cool. how long did it take?

Foster Grant
May 3rd, 2008, 04:05 AM
I was thinking to do some Digital painting the other Day with Gimp, and it seem like it get everything I really need.

Here is the image I did base on my original drawing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/xipho/HH.png

Gimp is great

You're gonna love Krita. :)

Ioky
May 3rd, 2008, 06:18 AM
cool. how long did it take?

about 10 to 12 hours