PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] VNC Scaling

Derspankster
May 2nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
How can i scale the resolution of my VNC window? So far I've been able to configure to options, neither is totally acceptable to me.

I can log in at 640 X 480 vncviewer -fullscreen XXX.XXX.X.XXX:0

This option doesn't give me actual full screen.

Secondly, I can add these two lines to my xorg.conf in the screens section of my host.

HorizSync 31-101
VertRefresh 60-160

Now when I log in I get a window that's actually larger than my desktop and I have to use the scrollbars to navigate.

The machine I log onto is headless. I'd like a VNC window close to the 1280X1024 resolution of my monitor.

Solved this with -fullscreen option.

vncviewer -fullscreen XXX.XXX.X.XXX:0 left HorizSync and VertRefresh lines in xorg.conf

aliarnold
September 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
How can i scale the resolution of my VNC window? So far I've been able to configure to options, neither is totally acceptable to me.

I can log in at 640 X 480 vncviewer -fullscreen XXX.XXX.X.XXX:0

This option doesn't give me actual full screen.

Secondly, I can add these two lines to my xorg.conf in the screens section of my host.

HorizSync 31-101
VertRefresh 60-160

Now when I log in I get a window that's actually larger than my desktop and I have to use the scrollbars to navigate.

The machine I log onto is headless. I'd like a VNC window close to the 1280X1024 resolution of my monitor.

Solved this with -fullscreen option.

vncviewer -fullscreen XXX.XXX.X.XXX:0 left HorizSync and VertRefresh lines in xorg.conf

please explain this way, i want when i change size of vncviwer window all content changing size too.
How?
Thanx.