PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Usplash

gamgee911
May 2nd, 2008, 03:15 AM
Heh, I forgot after doing a clean upgrade that chances are my usplash would get messed up again and now it has. I remembered how to get the resolution fixed but I can't get the colors working right! :( I have looked all over the internet for a solution for most of the day and I'm getting fed up with this. Does anyone know how to get my usplash to look right when booting? Thank you.

chewearn
May 2nd, 2008, 08:20 AM
When you said the usplash color is not working right, what exactly do you mean? Is it read instead of brown? Grey? Unexpected color stripes? A photo snapshot might be easier, if it is difficult to explain.

gamgee911
May 4th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Sorry this took a while, here's the pic:

gamgee911
May 4th, 2008, 03:54 AM
If you look at the pic you'll notice the colors are off. Maybe it needs to have more colors ? Not sure how to do that though :/

Moop
May 4th, 2008, 04:05 AM
You probably need to increase the colors from 8bit to 16bit. Startup-Manager is what I use to configure that stuff. It's in the repos.

gamgee911
May 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I tried installing that but when I run startupmanager I get this:

grub-probe: error: /boot/grub/device.map:1: Bad device name
Grub2 detected
Usplash detected
Splashy not detected
File /boot/grub/grub.cfg does not exist.

gamgee911
May 10th, 2008, 09:18 PM
So i need to change the color to 16 bit, anyone have a working solution? I know there's a way to do it manually without startup manager (which isn't working). Thanks.