PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install help download help!! is there anyone i can call from unbuntu?

Greg2bt
May 2nd, 2008, 02:09 AM
i have tried everything i just cant get unbuntu to work for me i have tried different installs alternet installs just nothing works. i have been told its a problem with "fake raid" or something. can anyone help me is there any one i can email?

thanks for your help
greg

:confused::confused::confused:

Patb
May 2nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Greg,

Can you give a bit more detail about your problem. This paragraph (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToGetHelp#head-c8e87cf5fc4b1e0d61eaf0ae6097b908d035fa09) gives some guidelines on things which might enable someone to help.

Cheers, Pat.

Greg2bt
May 3rd, 2008, 02:04 AM
Ok well what happens is when I try to install the cd I get to to the point where I can chose to "install","check memory" ect but when I click on to install the screen just goes blank... I have tried the alternate install and "install in safe graphics mode" nothing works. can anyone help me I run a custom pc. with xp, 8800 gts 2 gb of ram and Intel core 2 duo. Like I said apparently it is something with my graphics can anyone help me?

Greg2bt
May 8th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Ok well what happens is when I try to install the cd I get to to the point where I can chose to "install","check memory" ect but when I click on to install the screen just goes blank... I have tried the alternate install and "install in safe graphics mode" nothing works. can anyone help me I run a custom pc. with xp, 8800 gts 2 gb of ram and Intel core 2 duo. Like I said apparently it is something with my graphics can anyone help me?

can anyone help me?