PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] What's the best all-encompassing multi-boot and partitioning guide on the Internet?

Golden Phoenix
May 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM
Hello!

Though I'm fairly decent in making multi-boot systems (I personally am running *buntu Hardy, Arch, OpenSUSE, PCLinuxOS, Sabayon and XP on two drives in one rig with extra drives with various file formats for saving stuff), but I was wondering:

Lots of places have a little of this or that to help people decide pros and cons of adding one or two partitions for one thing or another, but where's the completely ultimate guide to all things partitioning and mounting?

I'd like to point my friends to something that will tell them all they need to know about this. I would hope it would have stuff like:

Figuring out how much space to allow each partition to have

Tips on how to mount different directories so that some operating systems share (or don't share) data

OS specific commands and GUI's to configure all kinds of bootloaders

Other things I've forgotten but would belong in the guide

I think a guide like that for everybody and their mother would be perfect as a reference. Does such a fact-crammed guide truly exist? If not, who do you think would be interested in helping make it?