PDA

View Full Version : **Notice to New Users- Use Hardy**

acelin
May 1st, 2008, 09:23 PM
OH yeah! Cause it is far more stable in startup than any other Ubuntu ever- it is more stable in livecd than Feisty ever was for me installed. It has the best programs by default, and can run Compiz with no problems! The wallpaper is beautiful, the best of many great wallpapers in the ubuntu lineup.

I encourage all new users, old users, and Mark Shuttleworth, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Linus Torvalds alike to use Ubuntu Hardy Heron!

LONG LIVE THE LONG TERM RELEASE!!!!

ITT: Share your good experiences with the world's finest OS.

:guitar:

seatex
May 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM
I agree! Hardy has been totally stable for me so far. :guitar:

Bloch
May 1st, 2008, 10:19 PM
They should have named it "the windows killer."

I find OpenOffice is more compatible with MS WORD than MS WORD for mac - and I as a translator I have to open very complex documents.

dvd's all kinds of avi's and mpegs are no problem.

Some of these streaming video news sites are a problem, that's the main thing you have to warn new users about. Some people reply on particular news or entertainment sites.

odysseusjak
May 1st, 2008, 10:31 PM
I can't agree. I had to go back to Gutsy. Everything kept locking up. Apps kept crashing. My video card was blacklisted from using 3D (which worked in 7.10; I know, a lot changed between them and the newer stuff caused it to have problems). While I agree that there was a lot of great new features and hardware support, I'm going to have to wait until more support updates before I use it.

SuperSon!c
May 1st, 2008, 10:32 PM
recurring discussions alert.

sweeneytodd
May 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM
i have to respond as i'm so cheesy over my new operating system. I think most people who have problems might have more of a hardware problem unless its known about. try other memory or another hard drive

TBOL3
May 1st, 2008, 10:46 PM
I love LOVE LOVE!!! it. My graphics card only had 2d with gutsy. Now it has 3d. Which means compiz, blender (but I have to be careful when running them at the same time). And more games... Firefox 3 is ok, it likes one of my machines, but hates the other. The new version of Audacity doesn't work (won't play sound), so I had to go back to the old version of audacity.

But I must say, eww, I don't like the new wallpaper.

acelin
May 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM
I can't agree. I had to go back to Gutsy. Everything kept locking up. Apps kept crashing. My video card was blacklisted from using 3D (which worked in 7.10; I know, a lot changed between them and the newer stuff caused it to have problems). While I agree that there was a lot of great new features and hardware support, I'm going to have to wait until more support updates before I use it.

Well your computer sucks then! I am sorry for that. I have never had ot go back to an old OS...

candive
May 1st, 2008, 10:53 PM
I have sound for the first time while using ubuntu.
I cheered loudly when 8.04 started and played music, video and flash.
It updated and loaded the programs in record time.
I am hooked on ubuntu!

To All Those Responsible for all linux distributions, Thank You Very Much!!