PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] streamtuner programme

satipera
May 1st, 2008, 08:19 PM
hello, when i try to tune into a stream using the streamtuner client i get an error box saying Failed to execute child process "xmms" (no such file or directory) any ideas on how i can get this to work.Thanks

Ripfox
May 1st, 2008, 08:22 PM
hello, when i try to tune into a stream using the streamtuner client i get an error box saying Failed to execute child process "xmms" (no such file or directory) any ideas on how i can get this to work.Thanks

Install Audacious. Then go into the preferences of streamtuner and change where it says "play stream xmms" change the word to audacious. Same for the other setting there in the preferences, just change only the word xmms to audacious and you will be golden.

satipera
May 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
That is sorted ty very much :-)

Ripfox
May 1st, 2008, 08:50 PM
Your welcome :)

ubunter1
May 5th, 2008, 03:50 PM
when i try to record through streamtuner it says this- There was an error creating the child process for this terminal. worked fine in gutsy but i use hardy now, any ideas?.thanks.

Ripfox
May 7th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Do you have streamripper installed?

ubunter1
May 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Do you have streamripper installed?

i did have it installed but i reinstalled it and now it works, which is great as it might be my favorite app. thanks.

kritter223
January 10th, 2010, 06:16 PM
If streamlink won't open the child process "audacious". change the preference to audacious2 not the default audacious. The latest Kosmic Koala version of streamlink loads audacious2.