PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Can not display share contents in Nautilus

markofealing
May 1st, 2008, 08:00 PM
Upgraded from 7.10 to 8.04, went through okay. I can see computers on my workgroup network, when I browse a Win Xp PC I can open it up bot no files are displayed in the share.

If I go to Terminal and enter smbclient -L computername
all my shares are correctly displayed and using

smbclient \\\\computername\\sharename -U username

correctly allows me to display all the files in the share.

So, I've established Samba is working correctly, it appears that Nautilus is not and this is a Ubuntu bug :(

Anyone with a similar experience?

shanepardue
May 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
I'm having the same experience. I can see the machines, but not their shares in Nautilus. I don't even get an authentication dialog.

eallenjacobs
May 1st, 2008, 09:02 PM
Happening here too, though a slight difference. On my laptop I did a fresh install, and am having this problem. On my desktop I performed an upgrade while retaining whatever settings I had, and am NOT having this issue.

Kabir
May 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
After upgrade from 7.10 to 8.04 - the same problem. No authentication box, no content.

mike2357
May 2nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Same problem. The following worked for me:

1. Select Places -> Connect to Server . . .
2. Service Type: Windows Share
3. Enter Server and Share names

markofealing
May 2nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks, that's a good work-around.

It doesn't resolve the Nautilus browsing problem with shares, but for the time being I can live with that until someone fixs the bug.
:)

3rods
February 15th, 2009, 11:58 PM
How is this solved again? I have the same issue. Is there a solution I'm not seeing?

shanepardue
February 16th, 2009, 12:02 AM
How is this solved again? I have the same issue. Is there a solution I'm not seeing?
Two posts up shows a workaround. This nautilus bug is fixed in Jaunty.