PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video and Mouse Cursor issues

mlilien
May 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
So, I had a relatively pain free install of Hardy (I did a clean install to start again fresh), however, I have run into two problems.

1) Video playback in kaffeine is choppy and stutters a lot and the terminal prints out either header damaged or, more frequently, no frame! messages.

2) My arrow pointer sometimes appears with black and white bars going across it. If I move it around the screen so that it changes (to text cursor or whatnot) and then back, it usually displays normally for a while and then goes back to the bars.

Thanks for any help

mlilien
May 2nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
I've played around with all my other video players and I'm getting similar issues with all of them. If I keep the player small enough, then there's no issue.

Could this be related to compiz? Because I'm getting two messages that I haven't been able to resolve yet when I run them.

/usr/bin/compiz.real (video) - Warn: No 8 bit GLX pixmap format, disabling YV12 image format

and

GConf backend: There is an unsupported value at path /apps/compiz/plugins/scale/allscreens/options/initiate_edge. Settings from this path won't be read. Try to remove that value so that operation can continue properly.

Thanks