PDA

View Full Version : [other] Can I provide my profile link?

sayakb
May 1st, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hello all
I am doing my graduation and would be seeking for a job. Is it fair/permissible that I could provide the link to my UF profile because they need links to all the places I am associated with..?

lswest
May 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM
i don't see why you couldn't provide the link to your profile, but i'm not sure if it would really count for much for future employers, because, well, basically your profile says you've posted a bit, been thanked, and yeah, nothing about how advanced you are with technology (if you're planning on going into that area), and to see posts i believe they'd need to have an account here (can't remember, have had this account for the longest time XD), and they're not likely to go browsing through your posts to see how advanced you are.

Ah, didn't see that they wanted to see where you're associated, but yeah, i don't see why not, i mean, a simple google search for your username would probably bring up your profile here too.

sayakb
May 1st, 2008, 12:09 PM
No, its not at all about the experience, post count or anything. I just need to provide that this is my profile and thats all, I guess :)
UF is not the only profile page I have to post, since I need to provide all the forum, blog links, as well as any social associations, irrespective of what it is associated with. Thats what they told me yesterday :D

lswest
May 1st, 2008, 12:10 PM
wow, my list would take up like 4 pages XD, but yeah, i don't see why you couldn't. Maybe a mod knows better :P And congratulations on graduating, i graduate next year (high school) :P

sayakb
May 1st, 2008, 12:15 PM
Yepp, seems like a large list for me too. Anyway, congratulations to you too.
And by the way, thanks for replying. Would be waiting for the mods to post something too, I guess..

iSplicer
May 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
You can if you believe you can.

lswest
May 1st, 2008, 12:31 PM
thanks for the congratulations :P a lot can happen in a year though lol, and yeah, always happy to post where i have something to say :P Lastly, i'd say give it an hour or so and see if a mod posts, if not, just go with your best judgement ;)