PDA

View Full Version : Lets celebrate the grand opening of the Oregon teams forum!

H264
May 1st, 2008, 07:17 AM
Ok, maybe this is not an elaborate celebration, but it will have to do. :)

Cheers \\:D/ =D> :popcorn:

electricshoes
May 1st, 2008, 03:53 PM
Hooray!!

rayok
May 1st, 2008, 05:05 PM
Woohoo!!? :p

Lord_Dicranius
May 2nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
Yay! :)

rickh57
May 7th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Cool. I've used Linux since very early Slackware, but have had a hiatus from using it at home for a while. I just put Ubuntu 8.04 on a desktop that I got off of ebay. It's nice to be back.

electricshoes
May 12th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Cool. I've used Linux since very early Slackware, but have had a hiatus from using it at home for a while. I just put Ubuntu 8.04 on a desktop that I got off of ebay. It's nice to be back.

Great! Welcome back. Are you liking Ubuntu so far?

rickh57
May 12th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I'm enjoying it a lot. I've actually ordered another ebay computer to put Ubuntu on to be able to loan to friends that need internet access, where I won't have to worry about it getting loaded with spyware/etc.

Lord_Dicranius
May 13th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I'm enjoying it a lot. I've actually ordered another ebay computer to put Ubuntu on to be able to loan to friends that need internet access, where I won't have to worry about it getting loaded with spyware/etc.
Cool idea, good way to get your friends introduced to Ubuntu :)

saintjoseph
August 28th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I just put Ubuntu 8.04 on a desktop that I got off of ebay. It's nice to be back.
================================================== ===========
saintjoseph
Oregon Alcohol Addiction Treatment (http://www.alcoholaddiction.org/oregon)

vancelongwell
December 1st, 2008, 07:21 PM
Super to be here. Just super. Hehe. Hi all!

Katalog
April 26th, 2009, 06:46 AM
New here, but not to Ubuntu or Linux in general as I've been using Debian since the early days. Used to have Ubuntu installed on my desktops but drifted off to Fedora for a while. After buying a netbook Ubuntu became the clear choice and now I'm back using UNR and loving it. This forum seems awfully quiet having been started a little less than a year ago. Think there's enough interest to get this LoCo to the point that we actually become approved?

electricshoes
May 18th, 2009, 09:40 PM
After buying a netbook Ubuntu became the clear choice and now I'm back using UNR and loving it.

Hi Katalog! Welcome back to Ubuntu. What netbook do you have?

geovino
May 19th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Great to be hear :)

SoftwareExplorer
June 14th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Yay!!! (from Baker) :popcorn:=D>

rdetweil
June 29th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Hello all,

I am new to Ubuntu and looking around to see how to get involved. Any pointers or insights as to how a commercial software / firmware developer can get started in the open source community would be appreciated!

geovino
July 17th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Yeah!

Where can I find out about volunteering for LinuxCon in Portland OR Sept.21?
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon

Katalog
July 26th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Hi Katalog! Welcome back to Ubuntu. What netbook do you have?

Wow, don't get around here often enough, sorry for replying so late. :(

I have an Eee PC 1000HA and the wife has a 901, and UNR works great on both of them with the exception of the wireless card on mine which took some fidgeting with ndiswrapper to get resolved. Otherwise it's all aces. :)

geovino
July 26th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah!

Where can I find out about volunteering for LinuxCon in Portland OR Sept.21?
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon

got word from Linux Foundation ... I'll be a volunteer for them and attend the convention! :)