PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can i?

lazydesi
May 1st, 2008, 05:39 AM
install tiger (Mac OS) 10.4.8 retail version DVD in Ubuntu 8.04? on windows laptop using dual booting?

iSplicer
May 1st, 2008, 05:42 AM
I dont fully understand your question... If you are referring to the "tiger" as in the MAC OS, then I dont get how you can install an OS into an OS unless you are talking about virtualization

lazydesi
May 1st, 2008, 05:48 AM
I dont fully understand your question... If you are referring to the "tiger" as in the MAC OS, then I dont get how you can install an OS into an OS unless you are talking about virtualization

using dual booting

lucky.developer
May 1st, 2008, 05:52 AM
using dual booting

I think... you cant do that on a PC...i hope MAC OS is designed to be run only in MACINTOSH machines...:(
But you can install linux(ubunutu) in a MACINTOSH.:)

venator260
May 1st, 2008, 05:53 AM
From what I understand, it may be possible. However, Mac has some very particular hardware requirements and is generally fussy about what it installs on. Since you mentioned this being a "Windows Laptop" I'm assuming that you bought it with Windows on it.

From what I've heard, Mac software has been installed on non Mac hardware, but it was a tricky process.

lazydesi
May 1st, 2008, 06:05 AM
From what I understand, it may be possible. However, Mac has some very particular hardware requirements and is generally fussy about what it installs on. Since you mentioned this being a "Windows Laptop" I'm assuming that you bought it with Windows on it.

From what I've heard, Mac software has been installed on non Mac hardware, but it was a tricky process.

if you got a copy of hackintosh (hacked macOS). how can we install that OS using dualboot option?

SlappyPappy
May 1st, 2008, 06:19 AM
Do a search in google for these keywords:

hackintosh dual boot instructions

You'll get a bunch of good hits. :popcorn:

iSplicer
May 1st, 2008, 06:33 AM
MAC on a PC is hard to get running properly, I recommend not doing it - you can just dual boot ubuntu and xp

lazydesi
May 1st, 2008, 06:39 AM
Do a search in google for these keywords:

hackintosh dual boot instructions

You'll get a bunch of good hits. :popcorn:

yep thats what i am looking

but every thing is showing

Xp - hacintosh

hacintosh - ubuntu

nothing popsup regarding ubuntu to hacintosh:confused::confused::confused:

iSplicer
May 1st, 2008, 06:42 AM
yep thats what i am looking

but every thing is showing

Xp - hacintosh

hacintosh - ubuntu

nothing popsup regarding ubuntu to hacintosh:confused::confused::confused:

That doesnt matter, it should be the same process. Install hackintosh first, then ubuntu, and ubuntu should then handle the dual boot process perfectly.