PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Problem with aptoncd in Hardy

fourscore
May 1st, 2008, 02:24 AM
The restore option in aptoncd does not work in Hardy. When we click on the Load button nothing happens.
Is there any fix for this bug.

Pumalite
May 1st, 2008, 02:47 AM
AptOnCD is to restore programs to the same OS.(after a reinstall or in a different computer)

fourscore
May 1st, 2008, 04:13 AM
AptOnCD is to restore programs to the same OS.(after a reinstall or in a different computer)
How enlightening! I know that.
I am trying to load the downloaded programs onto another pc. I am unable to load the iso file created by aptoncd as the Load button does not respond. This seems to be a bug in Hardy.
Tried running under root from terminal. The error msg recd when clicking on Load button is given below.

user@desktop:~$ sudo aptoncd
[sudo] password for user:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/APTonCD/restore/restoreWindow.py", line 209, in on_btnLoadFrom
drives = bus.get_devices()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/APTonCD/core/dbus_helper.py", line 38, in get_devices
if vol.GetPropertyBoolean("volume.is_disc") and vol.GetPropertyBoolean("volume.disc.has_data"):
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in __call__
return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
**keywords)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/connection.py", line 607, in call_blocking
message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "(unset)" member "GetPropertyBoolean" error name "(unset)" destination ":1.5")

How do I fix this problem.

Pumalite
May 1st, 2008, 01:56 PM
Burn a new ApOnCD and make a new copy. Looks like a bad burn or a bad copy.

fourscore
May 2nd, 2008, 01:28 AM
Burn a new ApOnCD and make a new copy. Looks like a bad burn or a bad copy.

You are missing the issue. In the Gutsy version When we click on Load button a box opens asking for which iso file to be loaded.

In the Hardy version this does not happen. I keep clicking on the Load button and there is no response. The error log msg is posted in my earlier post.

The problem is either in the new aptoncd version for Hardy or something in Hardy that conflicts.
Pls help.

fourscore
May 3rd, 2008, 05:58 AM
This is a reported bug. See link - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/aptoncd/+bug/199600

Bri0
May 8th, 2008, 01:38 AM
In the meantime do this.

- extract the ISO (right click on it and hit 'Extract Here')

- In terminal:
Note: change "you:you" to your username that you login with.

sudo chown you:you /var/cache/apt/archives

Enter, then your password, Enter

This will give you permission of that folder in the filesystem ( /var/cache/apt/archives ), then copy over the packages (in the packages folder) from the extracted ISO to the archive folder (Filesystem/var/cache/apt/archives).

- Once done go into terminal and put this in, which will bring the folder back to root permission.

sudo chown root:root /var/cache/apt/archives

Enter

rogerdean
May 31st, 2008, 07:03 AM
i've found a stopgap solution by removing aptoncd using synaptic, and then installing the version downloaded from the aptoncd site - http://downloads.sourceforge.net/aptoncd/aptoncd_0.1-1_all.deb

rogerdean
May 31st, 2008, 07:14 AM
and now there's a fix for aptoncd coming. in the meantime you can install the unreleased fix from

http://www.cypherbios.org/aptoncd/packages/aptoncd_0.1.98-1ubuntu1/binary/aptoncd_0.1.98-1ubuntu1_all.deb

Ansenyi
June 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Nice, I hope this would be added to the Ubuntu repositories aswell.

norwoods
June 24th, 2008, 01:52 AM
the aptoncd in the Ubuntu repositories is not in sync with its dependencies.

fourscore
June 25th, 2008, 02:50 AM
the aptoncd in the Ubuntu repositories is not in sync with its dependencies.

The official fix has been finally released. This now also includes the dependencies viz. python-central updated version.
Closing this as solved.