PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu -trouble loading it

Pearly
May 1st, 2008, 02:21 AM
I posted earlier, but my computer is slow today (dial up and country area and rainy day-so everyones inside using their computers). I lost the thread.

Anyhoo.....When I start up the computer, I do see the Ubuntu logo and the moving line that tells me that the computer is trying to load it. But, then the screen starts to fill with error messages. BLack screen, white text.....and won't load Ubuntu.

It worked once, just fine and now not??? Help?! (I remind you again that computer lingo is lost on me- or else I wouldn't be here):)

I will sit back and wait for help,:popcorn:

Thanks Pearly

Pearly
May 1st, 2008, 02:34 AM
waiting....(someone else wants to use this computer, so some help would be nice). Im using that other OS-you know-Mr gates ahem-coz Ubuntu not working)....*taps fingers on desk*

gibberman
May 1st, 2008, 02:36 AM
what error messages are you getting? a little more detail couldn't hurt...

Pearly
May 1st, 2008, 02:39 AM
As i explained I'm not computer lingo savvy......so I will start up the computer again...and try to find this thread again (when I go wandering I can;t find it).....I am housewife....so I will do what I can.........there are loads of error messages...a lot to remember.

gibberman
May 2nd, 2008, 03:12 AM
try writing them down. and as for finding this thread, why don't you bookmark it? (right click and bookmark, then it'll be in your bookmarks)

who helped you install ubuntu? or are you kind of fumbling with it?