PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help?! Ubuntu not working

Pearly
May 1st, 2008, 01:14 AM
About a week ago, I got the free Ubuntu disc in the mail. It worked once. Now, I get a screen full of error messages and it won't work. The disc is not damaged, that I can see. No scratches. What happened?

My computer knowledge is that of the average house wife, so please don't throw frustrating jargon at me. It won't help. eg: Did you put the "duvoure-lakki" into the "thingy-a-me-bob"?? Just gets lost on me.

Pearl

RATM_Owns
May 1st, 2008, 01:15 AM
What really happens?
What isn't working?

iSplicer
May 1st, 2008, 01:17 AM
Hello my friend.

Do not get frustrated, none of us were born with computer knowledge. You can start to tell us where exactly you get the errors, when starting your PC up or installing, etc.

Thanks, and dont worry, we will get you through this.

Pearly
May 1st, 2008, 01:50 AM
sorry my computer is slow today. It's when I try to start it up. The screen is still black and starts to fill with error messages. Hope that's a bit more helpful?! I do see the Ubuntu logo on my screen and the moving line underneath to show that it is trying to load, but the error message start filling the screen

iSplicer
May 1st, 2008, 03:12 AM
Pearly,

Could you please post here some of the error messages, and what they say? That could help us fix the problem.