PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can i just roll back?

superwazn
April 30th, 2008, 10:36 PM
T_T i'm one of the guys that isnt having so much fun after the upgrade. theres a few things that have been reset, a few things that work but i dont like, and a few things that are just plain messed up (ex. when i change the visual effects settings, it does nothing but play the login menu song lol)
anyway, i'm just wondering if theres a way to just "rollback" to before the upgrade. i think i want to hold off on 8.04 for a bit.

dmj99
May 1st, 2008, 12:17 AM
Don't know if this will help a great deal, but you can probably still boot up your old kernel . . . it should be in the grub menu, possible the second or third choices. I'm actually still using the kernel from Gutsy because I'm having video card problems with the newest kernel. If that works for you, just modify your menu.lst file to make that your default boot.

superwazn
May 1st, 2008, 12:47 AM
actually i just kinda want all my old settings lol T_T plus i want it to stop making the login sound on lots of random things...

lemming465
May 1st, 2008, 12:51 AM
i'm just wondering if theres a way to just "rollback" to before the upgrade

In general, not easily. It's probably much easier to do a reinstall than to try to rollback, and it's less likely to cause weird problems later.

superwazn
May 1st, 2008, 01:07 AM
alright. actually it'll be better to do a re-install, i've been meaning to repartition to get /home its own partition for a while now. thanks for the advice guys!