PDA

View Full Version : What is your definition of a new Linux User?

sports fan Matt
April 30th, 2008, 07:33 PM
What exactly is your definition of a "new linux user?" Going by knowoledge, number of posts, amount of time on the forums?

Id say a combo of #1 and #3 with asking questions mixed in

swoll1980
April 30th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I've been at it for almost a year. I still consider may self as new.

hessiess
April 30th, 2008, 07:37 PM
amount of time using Linux. the time on this forum is irrelevant becouse you may join after using anouther dist, or only join when you have a major problem.

LaRoza
April 30th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Someone new to Linux.

(If they say they are new, that is enough for me)

ibutho
April 30th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I'd go for experience/knowledge. Some people may not spend a lot of time on forums, but they maybe be quite good with Linux and the quality of their posts maybe very good.

herbster
April 30th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Something like this..

Hi k rofl how dew i dl teh apps? Sry yall been usin windows fer suh long LMAO XD XD XD kthxbye

popch
April 30th, 2008, 08:03 PM
New Linux User ::=
(uses an OS) &
(the OS is kind of Linux) &
(has no long history of using the OS which is kind of Linux)

Any more questions?

forestpixie
April 30th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I think that I'll be new for a long time yet, but after a year here I'm beginning to think a new user is someone who assumes that search engines only work in windows :)

aysiu
April 30th, 2008, 09:03 PM
If someone has started three support threads that have been subsequently been solved, I'd say she's no longer a new Linux user.

Barrucadu
April 30th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Depends on experience, time has nothing to do with it. For instance, someone could have installed Warty on a separate partition when it came out but never booted into it - they would lack the experience to be not 'new'.

smoker
April 30th, 2008, 10:43 PM
new users are getting younger all the time:)

Barrucadu
April 30th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Hmm, could be the new Ubuntu catchphrase: "Get 'em while they're still in the womb.". :lolflag:

Bruce M.
May 1st, 2008, 01:49 AM
Me! I'm the most dangerous thing on my Linux machine.

I'm still fumbling my way around.

However, I don't consider myself "green" by any stretch of the imagination, nor a "guru" either.

In human terms: I'm walking around and I use the pottie, no more diaper for me.

In less than a year I am more comfortable with Linux then I ever was with Windows. But then, I never did like Windows at all, whereas I really like Linux.