PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox refresh problem

pipa
April 30th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Hi All,
I recently upgraded from gusty to hardy.
The firefox is giving me a problem. Whenever I scroll down and up a page, it doesn't seems to refresh the page, therefore i get over wrapped text, which is impposible to read and annoying at time.

Whenever I scroll don or up, I always have to refresh the screen manually (F5) to read the text. The hyperlinks also seems displaced due to lack of refresh rate.

Please help!

bluefrog
April 30th, 2008, 07:54 PM
it happens on some site indeed. Haven't had time to investigate before reporting a bug. might come from the code of the web page though hence need to investigate first.

pipa
April 30th, 2008, 08:06 PM
For me, it happens with every site.
Sometimes I try restrarting firefox and the problem disappear for some time but it again reapears.

pipa
April 30th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I recently noticed that it happens with my other applications (like gedit) also.

pipa
April 30th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I recently noticed that it happens with my other applications (like gedit) also.

pipa
April 30th, 2008, 09:46 PM

pipa
April 30th, 2008, 10:00 PM

pipa
April 30th, 2008, 10:24 PM

pipa
April 30th, 2008, 11:07 PM

wawadave
April 30th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Been using firefox since version 1.1
And their report for page bugs pages not displaying correctly is in
firefox,view,toolbars,customize

and drag the bug icon onto a spot on your firefox tool bar. then when you get a page not loading-showing correctly click on the bug icon and report the problem with the page. This will give the developers a heads up to what where is not working.
You can also look in tools,error console and see if if it shows a problem for page and copy those for that page in bug report.

ie:Error: vBulletin is undefined
Source File: http://ubuntuforums.org/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js?v=370
Line: 11

But i have seen the other programs act up on here once i have maxed out ram . For the gedit after a reboot does it still give you a problem?

pipa
May 1st, 2008, 05:58 PM
But i have seen the other programs act up on here once i have maxed out ram . For the gedit after a reboot does it still give you a problem?

The problem is intermittent, its not permanent. Right now its working great, but sometimes it start giving me that problem.

wawadave
May 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I,m too much of a newby to suggest any thing else.

wpoeyer
May 6th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I noticed a similar problem, sometimes Firefox does not refresh properly, a new tab is not displayed for example, i minimize the application en bring it back up and the tab is there.

The problem disappears when i disable compiz-fusion.