PDA

View Full Version : Graphic of the Day

Sporkman
April 30th, 2008, 06:49 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/10/31/health/31aging_graphic_lg.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/31/health/nutrition/31agin.html?_r=1&adxnnlx=1209575816-VL0miJVN00RosnONFp%200XQ&pagewanted=all

Fixman
April 30th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Is there any reason for this thread not to be locked?

Sporkman
April 30th, 2008, 07:02 PM

Yes - it was not posted using nano.

popch
April 30th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I find the juxtaposition with OP's signature hilarious.

PartisanEntity
April 30th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Mike Linksvayer looks very unhealthy and under-weight.

I agree that eating a healthy diet is very important, but we are omnivores, and eating a one sided diet is unhealthy as well.

A balanced diet, without over eating and being glutenous, is the best.

Sporkman
April 30th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Mike Linksvayer looks very unhealthy and under-weight.

I think Canto looks pretty svelte, however.

LaRoza
April 30th, 2008, 07:09 PM
A balanced diet, without over eating and being glutenous, is the best.

A balanced diet according to the government just shows the strength of the lobbies.

A balanced diet of a population just shows what is available in the area.

Sporkman
April 30th, 2008, 07:13 PM
A balanced diet according to the government just shows the strength of the lobbies.

Good point.

SuperSon!c
April 30th, 2008, 07:15 PM

why should it be.

LaRoza
April 30th, 2008, 07:17 PM
why should it be.

Because of:

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0106.gif

For the images, I think it helps if a youthful monkey image were posted. I doubt the average person on this forum would be able to determine the health of those without something to compare them to.

Also, a calorie restricted diet (but not lacking diversity or proper nutrition) has shown to be key in increasing the life span.

popch
April 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
For the images, I think it helps if a youthful monkey image were posted. I doubt the average person on this forum would be able to determine the health of those without something to compare them to.

Also, a calorie restricted diet (but not lacking diversity or proper nutrition) has shown to be key in increasing the life span.

Not speaking for others, but I do not need to have a pix of a young one in order to see which is the fit one and which isn't. Also, I can easily compare with some of my neighbours in our street.

As far as I know, a calorie restricted diet has indeed that effect. It is also said to have the effect of making the person thus fed cross most of the time.

Better cross than dead?

red_Marvin
April 30th, 2008, 11:20 PM
I think it's funny how the human healthy diet version is strictly vegetarian but the only thing they compare is calories.

I'm not saying that a vegetarian diet is not more healthy, but I think the way they compare and present it is misleading.