PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Pulls XP SP3, Delays Release Indefinitely

seatex
April 30th, 2008, 03:38 PM
A new twist in the ongoing drama that is Microsoft's SP3 update for XP...

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Pulls+XP+SP3+Delays+Release+Indefinitely/article11635.htm

Glad I'm not on XP anymore. :popcorn:

LaRoza
April 30th, 2008, 03:45 PM
The same problem is in Vista SP1.

I like how it is called "RMS". It is so true that Windows XP SP3 is incompatible with "RMS"

notwen
April 30th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Surprise surprise. One less update/reboot for my dual-boot machine.

PmDematagoda
April 30th, 2008, 03:53 PM
A new twist in the ongoing drama that is Microsoft's SP3 update for XP...

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Pulls+XP+SP3+Delays+Release+Indefinitely/article11635.htm

Glad I'm not on XP anymore. :popcorn:

Apparently the RMS glitch applies to Vista's first service pack as well. Unlike XP SP3, Microsoft will not be pulling Vista SP1, but it is halting automatic downloads of the pack.
Wow, now if my mom's lappy breaks down, at least I know who to point the accusatory finger at. How stupid Microsoft is, taking such a long time for the SPs and then just pulling them back, just shows you the level to which they test their products these days.:rolleyes:

I guess SP3 was also a reason why my mom's older lappy(which was running SP2 and upgraded to SP3) stopped working at all, I mean, XP did not boot to either Safe Mode or any other mode for that matter, nice going Microsoft. But glad to say that the lappy in question is now mine and I've rescued it with Fedora 9, if the lappy had a voice, it would be screaming for joy:D.

Sef
April 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM
That's why my work computer was not updated.

LaRoza
April 30th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Wow, now if my mom's lappy breaks down, at least I know who to point the accusatory finger at. How stupid Microsoft is, taking such a long time for the SPs and then just pulling them back, just shows you the level to which they test their products these days.:rolleyes:

I guess SP3 was also a reason why my mom's older lappy(which was running SP2 and upgraded to SP3) stopped working at all, I mean, XP did not boot to either Safe Mode or any other mode for that matter, nice going Microsoft. But glad to say that the lappy in question is now mine and I've rescued it with Fedora 9, if the lappy had a voice, it would be screaming for joy:D.

Now you need to get her new one...

FuturePilot
April 30th, 2008, 03:58 PM
The same problem is in Vista SP1.

I like how it is called "RMS". It is so true that Windows XP SP3 is incompatible with "RMS"

:lolflag:

PmDematagoda
April 30th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Now you need to get her new one...

Glad there's a warranty on it(it's ASUS:-P).