PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GTA SA not running

snick512
April 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Aylo. I have GTA SA installed with both WINE and Crossover.

however , it will not run on wine because it says it can't find the CD/DVD.. so i set it in wine and it still complains (obviously i tried mounting it which it worked for the mount but wine still couldn't find it).

When i run it with Crossover it says "No ASPI layer found on your system. This is necessary for successful authentication."

I even tried using the noCD crack but still no luck.

btw I'm using

mount /home/ty/Public/gta-sa-v1.ISO /media/gta -o loop

For the mount command.

can anyone help me get this game running please?

jasonp
April 30th, 2008, 09:54 AM
edit

shearn89
April 30th, 2008, 10:09 AM
The dvd should auto mount - you shouldn't need to mount it manually. Just double click on the desktop icon for it to make sure that its mounted, then try again. I'm not sure about the rest, but for gaming you may want to look a cedega - its like wine, but specifically designed for games, and they keep it pretty up to date. You have to subscribe, but thats only to get the latest updates, so i guess you could subscribe, download it, then unsubscribe?

snick512
April 30th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Nah, I have the ISO on my computer because I use my DVD-ROM for other things, so i can't really tie that up. so mounting it and using the dvd-rom is basically the same thing.

and Cedega.. haven't thought about that.. but I'll try it. (I used to have cedega from a friend of mine but lost the CD one day lol)

I'll let know how it goes

snick512
May 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM
Nope. I tried Cedega and still no luck.

any other ideas?

aberry5555
May 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM
None to help really... but a quick question anyway, are you sure gta will work, I think only games that support OpenGL work, and I think gta sa is directx only.

soxs
May 1st, 2008, 10:01 AM
Wine has its own dx implementation, so it may work.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7677
&
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3780

Compile the named wine version yourself for maximum chance to make it work, and for future wine related questions post in the section for wine.

aberry5555
May 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM
Oh, I didn't realise DX was supported now :)