PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how do i put ubuntu i downloaded on a cd to reboot my computer?

spitfirebrandon
April 29th, 2008, 10:30 PM
ok i have CD-R recordable 40X 700MB 80 min all use for music games data whatever, and ubuntu is like 699MB so its the perfect size, now what program do i use to put it on the cd so i can reboot my computer with it?

Lord Landis
April 29th, 2008, 11:04 PM
You would use any burning software you have that supports burning an ISO to disc. This is not the same as simply burning the file though - you must make sure that you select the option to burn the ISO (sometimes it's called burn backup to CD).

Pretty much every program out there now will let you do this, and I think even Window's built-in burning tool will do this. I've always had good luck with Nero, so you might want to grab the free version of it.

spitfirebrandon
April 30th, 2008, 12:17 AM
hey can i get a walk thru i just installed nero 8 trial like u said

Moop
April 30th, 2008, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure with Nero but you want to look for the option to burn an image. Then direct it to the iso you downloaded. Set the burn speed to 4x max.

kk0sse54
April 30th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Make sure you change your BIOS settings to boot from the CD Drive before your hard drive other wise instead of booting from the cd you'll be booting your normal OS.

Dale61
April 30th, 2008, 06:56 AM
If you have the .iso image saved to your HDD, if you right click on the icon, you should see a 'Write To Disc' option.

Apparently, this is a clean and simple way of burning your .iso without any complications.