PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Uninstalling or reinstalling Ubuntu?

Shadius
April 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I'm a noob (obviously). I want to know how to uninstall Ubuntu or reinstall it because my Compiz Fusion is messed up and I don't know any other way of fixing it other than a fresh reinstall. Please help!

Lord Landis
April 29th, 2008, 11:08 PM
If you've got a fresh install and it's the only OS on your system (that is, you're not running a dual-boot), you can just pop the liveCD back in, boot to it, and redo the install. There is, sadly, no easy way to uninstall the OS.

Shadius
April 29th, 2008, 11:25 PM
If you've got a fresh install and it's the only OS on your system (that is, you're not running a dual-boot), you can just pop the liveCD back in, boot to it, and redo the install. There is, sadly, no easy way to uninstall the OS.
Crap! It is a fresh install of Hardy and I am running a dual boot of XP and Ubuntu. Okay, since it's probably impossible to uninstall Ubuntu without destroying my computer, can you help me fix Compiz Fusion or even find out what the problem is? Please?

williamson389
May 23rd, 2008, 03:28 AM
i also want to reinstall. i put in the live cd from 7.10 and couldnt find the program to start the uninstall/reinstall. there was only start.exe and other exe files. do i need a different cd or something?

williamson389
May 28th, 2008, 01:55 AM
on my computer, the ubuntu cd would not boot except for showing the files within the os. to get it to work i had to push f2 while booting and adjust my settings. i had my cd drive on the third priority but moved it up to first. that did the trick