PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Rhythmbox and Amarok mp3 tags

liuzerus87
April 29th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Hi all,
For some reason, both Rhythmbox and Amarok seem to be reading mostly id3v1 tags on my mp3s. In other words, they're cutting off the album, artist, and title tracks after a certain number of characters, and they're also not displaying, for example, embedded album art and various. I find this strange because Quod Libet, Exaile, Banshee, and Easytag and (on Windows) iTunes, Windows Media, Winamp, Mediamonkey all read the tags correctly. It's just Rhythmbox and Amarok that seem to be having issues. At one point, I tried removing all my id3v1 tags so all I had were id3v2 tags, and that didn't seem to work. Removing the comment field seemed to work, but then the problem came back and the fix doesn't seem to work again. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
(The files were tagged with a mix of Easytag, Mediamonkey and iTunes. It seems that my newest files are read correctly by Rhythmbox and Amarok, even though I haven't switched tagging programs.)

liuzerus87
April 30th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Just to follow up, I tried removing id3v1 tags again, and now the tracks aren't even showing up in Rhythmbox. Do I just need to wipe the tags clean and redo them?