PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember this?

Fixman
April 29th, 2008, 06:24 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2181/2100257568_4fb4e5c183.jpg

Do you remember when Hardy was gonna be like this?

BTW, is there any gnome theme like this?

Nano Geek
April 29th, 2008, 06:36 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2181/2100257568_4fb4e5c183.jpg

Do you remember when Hardy was gonna be like this?

BTW, is there any gnome theme like this?Actually, Hardy was not going to look like that. It was only a mock up done by someone else.

As far as I know, GNOME does not even have the capability to to all those fancy transparencies and color mixing.

Mr. Picklesworth
April 29th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Besides which, that particular theme, while good looking there, would likely be horrible in daily use. There are much nicer, less jarring mockups where that came from.

I think the default wallpaper is good progress already :)

Fixman
April 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Besides which, that particular theme, while good looking there, would likely be horrible in daily use. There are much nicer, less jarring mockups where that came from.

Anyway, I think there was a gnome theme on gnome-look that looked like that. Anybody knows?

SunnyRabbiera
April 29th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I never got why so many like those colors, YUCK!

insane_alien
April 29th, 2008, 06:52 PM
i'm sure that if someone had the inclination they could make a theme that looks like that.

i preffer something more subtle myself.

Ozor Mox
April 29th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I think it's a little bit too...intense for a default theme. I'd prefer softer and more neutral colours, but this could make a nice "chocolate" optional theme :)

Oh and also, I love the Hardy background.

bsharp
April 29th, 2008, 06:54 PM
The screenshot applet does not in fact show notifications. I wanted to notify you of this.
Lol

FuturePilot
April 29th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Actually, Hardy was not going to look like that. It was only a mock up done by someone else.

As far as I know, GNOME does not even have the capability to to all those fancy transparencies and color mixing.

But Compiz does ;)

swoll1980
April 29th, 2008, 07:04 PM
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/BrownMacOS+GTK%2BMetacity+theme?content=73438
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/brown?content=79068

Nano Geek
April 29th, 2008, 07:05 PM
But Compiz does ;)True, but Compiz is not that well integrated into Gnome...yet.

Saint Angeles
April 29th, 2008, 07:12 PM
yeah... instead of standard poo colors... we get hangover poo colors! yay!

vishzilla
April 29th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I really can't wait for the makeover for Ibex 8.10 it will be a refreshing change. I would prefer if they keep it in the lines of the current theme and make gradual changes rather than a drastic change

Joeb454
April 29th, 2008, 07:27 PM
True, but Compiz is not that well integrated into Gnome...yet.

Actually metacity does have a compositor now - I have it enabled for my transparent terminal :D

It isn't enabled by default however - you have to edit it in gconf-editor

Saint Angeles
April 30th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Actually metacity does have a compositor now - I have it enabled for my transparent terminal :D

It isn't enabled by default however - you have to edit it in gconf-editor
but isn't it fake transparency?

like, it just copies your background and redraws it?

schtufbox
April 30th, 2008, 03:41 AM
but isn't it fake transparency?

like, it just copies your background and redraws it?
No that's on;y if you don't enable compositing in gconf-editor. Once it's enabled it's full transparency. Window shadows too look equally as good as in compiz etc. Doesn't really use that much less cpu though, so not really worth it in my opinion.

abuakel
April 30th, 2008, 03:42 AM

Yes, the wallpaper is pretty awesome.. I based my whole gnome environment around it :)

acelin
April 30th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Well those links posted look like crap- really bad actually.

I think this with my suggestions should be Ibex:

1) Integrate more transparencies. Like what you have for inactive make that for inactive, and what you have for inactive make even more transparent where you have it transparent.

2) Show the panel that you have in your light one, but put it at top to you can also show your dock.

3) With the dock, also show what happens if you open a document folder- say you can see all of the pics or doc previews in the same area.

4) Create the above in a brown-mocha type color scheme, one that would integrate well with the current Hardy Heron wallpaper.

I think if this was presented, and was decided that a gtk like this could be created, it would be awesome! This is way better looking than anything i have seen out there.

Saint Angeles
April 30th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Well those links posted look like crap- really bad actually.

I think this with my suggestions should be Ibex:

1) Integrate more transparencies. Like what you have for inactive make that for inactive, and what you have for inactive make even more transparent where you have it transparent.

2) Show the panel that you have in your light one, but put it at top to you can also show your dock.

3) With the dock, also show what happens if you open a document folder- say you can see all of the pics or doc previews in the same area.

4) Create the above in a brown-mocha type color scheme, one that would integrate well with the current Hardy Heron wallpaper.

I think if this was presented, and was decided that a gtk like this could be created, it would be awesome! This is way better looking than anything i have seen out there.
i love that gtk theme you got. everything looks great except that hideous dock.

when did people decide that copying a mac (OS X) was a good idea? macs are hideous... i owned one for a year and it took a bit of my life away from me.

Ripfox
April 30th, 2008, 04:06 AM

Agreed

acelin
April 30th, 2008, 04:18 AM
It is just a mockup not done by me...

acelin
April 30th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Well he also had a design for a panel... this is a light one however.