PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Dolphin drag and drop behaviour problem

kirys
April 29th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Hi all, today I've noticed a strange behavior problem of Dolphin under Kubuntu 7.10.

It is realated to the scrolling
Here is how I can reproduce it
Create a directory with a lot of subdirectory, enough to have 4 or more lines of dirs into a dolphin window.

Now scroll a little down, enough to have have some lines hidden by the scrolling (2 should suffice) leaving at least the same numbers of lines plus one of dirs visible (so if you have hidden 2 lines you should have at least 3 visible lines).

Now copy, using drag and drop, a file to one of the directory of the visible lines, it should not copied to the dir you've dropped it into but on the dir that is located x lines over that column (where x is the number of lines hidden by the scrolling)

Do anyone have the same problem?
Thank you
Kirys

kirys
May 2nd, 2008, 09:24 AM
no one can reproduce this problem?

Xiong Chiamiov
May 3rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
Hmm, that could possibly be the problem I've been having. I noticed that sometimes I lose my files because they get put in random folders other than the ones I thought. You should probably file a report on Launchpad.

kirys
May 3rd, 2008, 08:06 PM
OK
I'll report it.

kirys
May 3rd, 2008, 08:12 PM
It seems a known problem since 2007-10... strange noone find a solution yet.

Xiong Chiamiov
May 4th, 2008, 08:53 PM
For those interested, the launchpad bug report is here (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dolphin/+bug/152788).