PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] option to upgrade to hardy not available?

Hybrid86
April 29th, 2008, 06:20 AM
For whatever reason, the option does not appear in my update manager. I've clicked "check" multiple times, have all the necessary repos checked, but the option won't come up. It was up there the day it came out, but when I clicked to upgrade, it froze within the first few seconds of downloading, and I was forced to quit. It hasn't come back since.
See previous thread for details (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4792363)

Any ideas?

vlgligor
April 29th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I confirm I had the same problem on my Gutsy. I made a fresh install from the alternative CD (the regular CD installation always ended in the "Busybox") but I still cannot manage to login: even though the installation went smooth, after booting it comes always to the very same "Busybox". As I understood, is a problem with some SATA hdd controllers. Still too full of bugs for a release version :(

rahulsharma
April 29th, 2008, 07:03 AM
did you try this, clicking alt+f2 and then a run application window will pop up and there in window type "update-manager --devel-release" but without the quotes and then update manager will show an option to upgrade to hardy heron
anyway its your wish to upgrade to hardy but i would say wait for a while there are still some bugs in hardy i have faced it and a lot other people are facing the same problem.

Hybrid86
April 29th, 2008, 06:37 PM
The more I read, the more I am considering waiting. How long would you say I should wait?

peterroots
April 29th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Think yourself lucky there was no upgrade option - I had one and upgraded and wish I hadn't. Now having to reinstall gutsy. I would defiantly wait for a few weeks. (I did think of doing a clean install of hardy but can't get a usable CD to burn)