PDA

View Full Version : Problems with package management

MONODA
April 29th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Whenever I add a repository with one click install (specifically the nvidia repository) it takes a VERY long time and somewhere through it, it gives me a 504 timeout error and asks me what to do (skip, abort, retry) and if I skip then it gives me an error and installing the nvidia driver fails. Also, I was using the one click install for codecs and it gave me a dependency error with speex so i said to install from a different vendor(what does that mean?) is this happening to everyone or is it just me?

MONODA
April 29th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Also the update manager says that it failed to check for updates. Is it only me getting these problems? could someone just tell me that they have never had this problem so that I know I am doing something wrong? thanks in advance.

Incense
April 29th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Whenever I add a repository with one click install (specifically the nvidia repository) it takes a VERY long time and somewhere through it, it gives me a 504 timeout error and asks me what to do (skip, abort, retry) and if I skip then it gives me an error and installing the nvidia driver fails. Also, I was using the one click install for codecs and it gave me a dependency error with speex so i said to install from a different vendor(what does that mean?) is this happening to everyone or is it just me?

Not sure what's going on with the nvidia repo. I would just try that again at a later time and see if it's working. As for Codecs, yeah, I always get the YaST window pop up telling me the vender will change. AFAIK it's not a big deal. Just click the box saying to use it even though the vender will change and roll with it. I haven't had any problems.

MONODA
April 29th, 2008, 03:20 PM
thanks