PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hardy install with xp already installed?

James Ryan
April 29th, 2008, 04:27 AM
I'm wanting to install hardy onto the computer i'm using right now with xp on it. Is there a way to have xp and hardy and set up dual booting without messing up the xp partition? Also, if for some reason hardy isn't what i expect can i uninstall with no ill affects for xp?

Herman
April 29th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Click on my signature links to read all about it.

Regards, Herman :)

alexsabree
April 29th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Yeah when I first "dipped into ubuntu" I was afraid that I might screw up my windows installation.

Ubuntu is so frickin easy to install and configure its crazy. Using the LiveCD is very easy. It's even more easy with 8.04

The Doell
April 29th, 2008, 05:34 AM
I am currently using a dual boot hardy and vista...Ubuntu made it simple to configure your system the way you want it :) I have had a dual boot for a while now, and I never have had any problems.

gtdaqua
April 29th, 2008, 05:48 AM
I have XP Pro and Win 2000 Pro on two different HDD and I installed Kubuntu on top of it without much of a fuss. Kubuntu automatically recognised multiple OSes across mulitple HDDs and adjusted it boot-loader so that I could load any OS I want! No manual intervention was required at all!

James Ryan
April 29th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Thank you all for the help i'm going to wait a few weeks for hardy to stabilize a little and then i will install it, special thanks to herman for the awesome link to the how to with pics...it will be very helpful.