PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu needs to be vary of Gnome

pt123
April 29th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Edit Title: wary not vary

Another article thrashing how Gnome is being run by Jeff Waugh.

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/17924/1090/

For the second time in six months, a developer from the GNOME desktop project has openly accused the project's media spokesman, Jeff Waugh, of being unresponsive to requests for changes in a GNOME service that Waugh looks after.

One uses the word "openly" because numerous similar accusations have been made on the GNOME Foundation mailing list - the two cases referred to stand out because they were made on blogs which are owned by the two developers in question.

samwyse
April 29th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Now that was a boring read about Planet Gnome (which is just a bunch of blogs) or did I miss something?

schauerlich
April 29th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Good thing there's Kubuntu, Xubuntu and many more DE/WMs in the repositories.

If you don't like GNOME Ubuntu, don't use it. Linux is about choice.

SomeGuyDude
April 29th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I'm so used to GNOME, I'm not sure I want to make the change. I'm curious, however.

mrgnash
April 29th, 2008, 04:52 AM
A big ole 'whatever' to that one.

Polygon
April 29th, 2008, 06:22 AM
what is the point of this topic? its just some gnome dev mad at some guy who maintains planet GNOME about not responding to his requests to get his blog added to it....why does ubuntu need to be 'wary' of this?

23meg
April 29th, 2008, 06:34 AM
This is the best "Ubuntu needs to.." non-argument I've seen in a while: "Someone in GNOME is said to be somewhat neglecting their duties (that aren't directly tied to development but site maintenance) recently, so Ubuntu needs to be wary of GNOME".

Very comprehensive, very strong argument; congratulations.

Another article thrashing how Gnome is being run by Jeff Waugh.

No, it's reporting on how some people are trashing the way a certain GNOME related web service is being run by Jeff Waugh.