PDA

View Full Version : What's LaRoza's power level?

kavon89
April 29th, 2008, 01:21 AM
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAANDD!!!

Grats on 9,000+ posts :D , for those who don't get the reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

smoker
April 29th, 2008, 01:33 AM

Grats on 9,000+ posts :D , for those who don't get the reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

all in one year too, certainly a higher power level than me:lolflag:
well done!

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 01:35 AM

Thanks...

I had been actually paying a little more attention, because people on IRC often mention beans. I had planned on taking a screenshot of it, but I missed it.

Time flies when you are having fun...

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 01:36 AM
all in one year too, certainly a higher power level than me
well done!

Nope, one year + 26 days.

-grubby
April 29th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Well, take a screenshot when you hit 10,000. It's an awfully big number :D. Also, take a screenshot in a few months when you reach 100,000. XD

Dr Small
April 29th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Congrats LaRoza. I can not even begin to comprehend that many posts...
Yet again, I don't live here :D

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Congrats LaRoza. I can not even begin to comprehend that many posts...
Yet again, I don't live here :D

I wish I had a job...

This is mainly my way of being useful/entertained until then.

elmer_42
April 29th, 2008, 03:08 AM
I feel proud to have reached as many posts as I have, but I am shocked, amazed, and terrified at LaRoza's power level. It just makes me cry.

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I feel proud to have reached as many posts as I have, but I am shocked, amazed, and terrified at LaRoza's power level. It just makes me cry.

I am no where near the highest. A mod here has 28000 beans. Of course, he's been here much longer.

bilal.17
April 29th, 2008, 03:10 AM
i shake my head in dispair as my count does not even compare to LaRoza's=D>

akiratheoni
April 29th, 2008, 03:11 AM
I saw when you had exactly 9,000 posts but I didn't take a screenie of it :( Congrats, though :)

schauerlich
April 29th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I am no where near the highest. A mod here has 28000 beans. Of course, he's been here much longer.

But looking at the derivative, you're certainly posting much more than anyone else that I've noticed. When I first started paying attention to the forums outside of my own support issues in November 2007 or so, you only had ~2,500 posts, and now you have over 9000.

[Over 9000?!?]
:D

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 03:23 AM
But looking at the derivative, you're certainly posting much more than anyone else that I've noticed. When I first started paying attention to the forums outside of my own support issues in November 2007 or so, you only had ~2,500 posts, and now you have over 9000.

[Over 9000?!?]
:D

I got the internet in October 2007, which would explain an increase.

elmer_42
April 29th, 2008, 03:28 AM
EDIT: What? Why the heck did it submit again?

aimran
April 29th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Such a forum ***** tsk tsk!!!11one

Some fast calculations:

Assuming each post takes 1 minute, LaRoza would have spent 6.25 days on the forums!

init1
April 29th, 2008, 03:47 AM
so, i heard u like mudkips

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 03:48 AM
so, i heard u like mudkips

What is a mudkip?

Oh, I have gotten over 100 beans today (I have done that several times)

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Such a forum ***** tsk tsk!!!11one

Some fast calculations:

Assuming each post takes 1 minute, LaRoza would have spent 6.25 days on the forums!

Nope, Parallel Processing.

(Screenshot coming)

myusername
April 29th, 2008, 03:51 AM
congratulations LaRoza

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 03:54 AM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/493/cimg0030il8.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg0030il8.jpg)

FuturePilot
April 29th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Congrats LaRoza! =D>

myusername
April 29th, 2008, 03:57 AM
sweet...i wish i had dual monitors...and ethernet wifi sux at my house

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 03:59 AM
sweet...i wish i had dual monitors...and ethernet wifi sux at my house

Nah, that is two computers not dual monitors. I wish I had dual monitors.

(The keyboard and mouse are on a KVM)

myusername
April 29th, 2008, 04:00 AM
o ok cool. why do u have them right next to each other?

machoo02
April 29th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I got the internet in October 2007, which would explain an increase.So, you managed to get ~2,000 posts telepathically?!?!:shock:

/me bows in awe

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 04:02 AM
o ok cool. why do u have them right next to each other?

One is angled. This is a rather new setup.

My blog chronicles the computer which is connected to the smaller monitor.

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 04:03 AM
So, you managed to get ~2,000 posts telepathically?!?!:shock:

/me bows in awe

Wireless.

(I was in school. I downloaded things on breaks and brought them home on my flash drives. I got everything that way. I got most of my linux collection that way also)

myusername
April 29th, 2008, 04:03 AM
what i meant was why do you have them in the same place? i couldnt take the confusion

schauerlich
April 29th, 2008, 04:04 AM
I got the internet in October 2007, which would explain an increase.

And yet you still have an average of 23 posts a day, even with the long period of little posting between April and October 2007.

What is a mudkip?

It's an old joke from 4chan. A mudkip is a type of Pokemon. An explanation from Encyclopedia Dramatica:

Spawned from a DeviantArt comment inviting someone to their Pokémon group, the comment basically used the person's apparent like of Mudkips to perhaps entice the user to join their group. Whether or not said person actually joined is unknown.
It eventually spawned a very popular piece of copypasta on 4chan's /b/ telling a story about someone at a school asking "So i herd u liek mudkips" to some [expletive] who screams back "I LUUUUUUUUUVE MUDKIPS!"

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/493/cimg0030il8.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg0030il8.jpg)

Is that a binary clock?

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 04:07 AM
And yet you still have an average of 23 posts a day, even with the long period of little posting between April and October 2007.

It's an old joke from 4chan. A mudkip is a type of Pokemon. An explanation from Encyclopedia Dramatica:

Is that a binary clock?

Yeah, my average is much higher if you take into account my recent work.

That isn't a real Pokémon. That is part of the wave of Pokémon following the original, just to make money. (I used to have a collection of japanese and psychic Pokémon when I was a kid)

Yes, it is set in true binary, not binary coded decimal.

gn2
April 29th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I wish I had a job...

No use sitting at the PC wishing, that will get you nowhere.....

Jim!
April 29th, 2008, 01:58 PM
LaRoza man 9000+ posts! Your an Inspiration to forumers all over the world!

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 07:31 PM
No use sitting at the PC wishing, that will get you nowhere.....

It may seem like I am not searching, but I do spend more time doing job searching. My day is job search/network and be on computer.

popch
April 29th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I do spend more time doing job searching. My day is job search/network and be on computer.

I do wish you the best luck there is.

It makes me outright angry to see how so many youngsters are lacking proper work these days, even with the best of qualifications and high motivation to work. I have two of them under my very roof.

Our generation sure goofed on this one.

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I do wish you the best luck there is.

It makes me outright angry to see how so many youngsters are lacking proper work these days, even with the best of qualifications and high motivation to work. I have two of them under my very roof.

Our generation sure goofed on this one.

Thanks. I am hopeful. It is mainly a lack of openings at the moment, but I am working on that (don't ask)

Well, they should be keeping the house clean (like I do), and trying to do something productive on the time they are not searching/networking.

I'd like to blame it on the baby boomers, but they are the ones usually in charge and I have to play nice (at least until I have a job)

Sinkingships7
April 29th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah, my average is much higher if you take into account my recent work.

That isn't a real Pokémon. That is part of the wave of Pokémon following the original, just to make money. (I used to have a collection of japanese and psychic Pokémon when I was a kid)

Yes, it is set in true binary, not binary coded decimal.

So very very true (about the pokemon). I hate every pokemon past the 151st.

They simply shouldn't be.

LaRoza
April 29th, 2008, 10:03 PM
So very very true (about the pokemon). I hate every pokemon past the 151st.

They simply shouldn't be.

It is odd now. I am an adult, and don't follow it at all. I knew them pretty well (geek).

Now people are completely surprised when I show any knowledge of it.

It was a fun diversion, and was interesting. After the 151, it is just marketting to sell the same old. As far as I can tell, it was most populare with the original. Noone is getting into it now as far as I can tell to the same degree.

Last time I checked, there were a lot more. The new ones were only mildly interesting to those that already know them from the beginning.

gameryoshi600
April 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM
grats laroza. I only got like 40 posts lol. but on other forums i had like only 100 something XD

Bruce M.
April 30th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Well, lets see; 9000+ posts in a year plus double digit days.

Two monitors - one for each eye.

Why only one keyboard? You need ten, one for each finger!

So to the question: What's LaRoza's power level?

Oh, God/ess of the Speed Typists and Linux Guru comes to mind.

Well done LaRoza and "Good Luck" on the job hunting.

If you need a reference I'm sure there are a few thousand of us here that will send you one. :)

CHIMO!
Bruce

Now if I could only get my other 8 fingers working on this keyboard.

LaRoza
April 30th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Two monitors - one for each eye.

Why only one keyboard? You need ten, one for each finger!

So to the question: What's LaRoza's power level?

Oh, God/ess of the Speed Typists and Linux Guru comes to mind.

Well done LaRoza and "Good Luck" on the job hunting.

If you need a reference I'm sure there are a few thousand of us here that will send you one. :)

Now if I could only get my other 8 fingers working on this keyboard.

The two monitor/computer situation is rather recent. Normally, I just had more than one tab open.

I am a good typist. I use all of my fingers, don't need to look, and don't move from the home row.

Thanks for the luck. I am hopeful.

Lostincyberspace
April 30th, 2008, 12:59 AM
I am in the same boat as you Laroza I just don't have enough experience yet to help much so I mostly hang out her to pas time and kind of learn.

I have to wait about a month at least though since I go into surgery tomorrow but after I will probably be here a lot since I will be bed ridden.

LaRoza
April 30th, 2008, 01:03 AM
I am in the same boat as you Laroza I just don't have enough experience yet to help much so I mostly hang out her to pas time and kind of learn.

I have to wait about a month at least though since I go into surgery tomorrow but after I will probably be here a lot since I will be bed ridden.

I hope your surgery goes well.

piousp
April 30th, 2008, 01:19 AM
ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAND!!!

Congratz LaRoza! :KS

wieman01
April 30th, 2008, 11:31 AM
There one even more diligent poster though... Pumalite. 11,895 posts of today. Join date March 27th, 2007. Congrats to both of you.

LaRoza
April 30th, 2008, 11:56 AM
There one even more diligent poster though... Pumalite. 11,895 posts of today. Join date March 27th, 2007. Congrats to both of you.

Cool. I don't pay attention to beans. I will surpass that. I must...

wieman01
April 30th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Cool. I don't pay attention to beans. I will surpass that. I must...
But it will take you twice the effort if you want to surpass it say in the next 2 months. Focus rather on quality, beans mean nothing as you know. :-)

LaRoza
April 30th, 2008, 12:01 PM
But it will take you twice the effort if you want to surpass it say in the next 2 months. Focus rather on quality, beans mean nothing as you know. :-)

I know. I spend way too much time in the Cafe and OPP. The beans are a result of being helpful (not bean chasing)

kevdog
April 30th, 2008, 12:19 PM
With all those beans, the air in the room in which you sent must be quite foul! I recommend a quick trip to the store to rectify and mitigate that matter.

LaRoza
April 30th, 2008, 12:21 PM
With all those beans, the air in the room in which you sent must be quite foul! I recommend a quick trip to the store to rectify and mitigate that matter.

I have incense. Nag Champa at the moment.

OrangeCrate
April 30th, 2008, 01:38 PM
<looking at LaRoza's avatar>

I think you need to turn the computer off, and get some sun. You're not looking too good...

:)

(Congrats on your post count, and obvious dedication to the forums. Hope the job you want comes along soon...)

Edit:

Actually, I'm more impressed with the number of thank yous you've received, than the actual number of posts. Unless you've figured out a way to cook the books to inflate that count, you're making a real difference here. Good job.

Bruce M.
April 30th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Lostincyberspace ... Thinking about you, you are probably in the hospital now.

Good Luck, we'll see you soon!

Saying little [-o< [-o<'s for you

Bruce